I decided to create a new blog to reflect on my past posts in addition to adding comments to my previous posts. I wanted a plus where I could type up a complete summary of my thoughts and experiences thus far in the course and assignment.
The post I made that strikes the most is where I gave examples of what I want my site to look like. I had a lovely idea for the design of my site, but I have had some issues recreating it that 'vision'. I can't seem to marry my Photoshop mockups to the Dreamweaver reality. I know I can still create something similar to what I want, but I did realize that I aimed a little high.
The only sites I have created before were for work, so I have now learned that that translates to 'I have no website experience' because it is a different when it is creatively and artistically your own. And this really impacted me when I tried to upload the site. I was not expecting loading my site to be problem - in fact I considered it to be the easiest part of the assignment, but then when I went to upload my site last night, nothing worked. I chose a free host and upload service - mistake 1. The previous 3 websites I have uploaded were through work, and I got to pass through so many steps to do that. It was easy, and it did take 5 minutes. So I estimated that the extra steps I would have to take for this site would add maybe 10-20 minutes to the process at most. I tried to get my site up for 4.5 hours yesterday night. And it is still not up and running. So I am really disappointed at that and very mad at myself. My sense of comfort is that at least it was for the draft showing that I couldn't get it up and not for the final submission. It also makes me want to kick myself for not trying to upload it sooner, but I am control freak/perfectionist who does not like to have 'unfinished' work up. So that's why I had not done it. Now I know better.
Over all, I do think I am holding true to a lot of the thoughts and ideas I had expressed in previous blogs. And I do think this experience is great because it helps me begin to learn a skill I really want to have as well as make me think about communication in a new way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment