3 Podcasts I found interesting
It took me a while to decide on which podcasts to choose for my 3. This first one is a podcast I found on podcastdirectory.com called The Presentation Sidebar. It is from a PowerPoint presentations series. I thought this would be a good one to include in my blog because it is a PowerPoint presentation turned into a podcast. I like that it has bright colors. I think that brighter colors are better podcast videos. Since it’s a smaller screen, the video needs to ‘pop’ more. All dark colors tend to blend in together. Here’s the link to the podcast:
http://www.maniactive.com/templates/SideBar.ppt#266,3,Answer:
The second podcast I found is from the Adobe Creative Suite podcast series. I was unaware that Adobe had a podcast series, so when I saw the link the Adobe library, I had to go and take a look. This podcast is about using SmartView in Dreamweaver CS4. I really like how it is mimicking a live demonstration of the functionality like a short training video. However, I was not very impressed with the initial quality of the podcast. It starts out with a Talking Head of the instructor, Terry Quinn. The audio is not synched with the video. I do think it is an informative podcast though, and I really like the overall format. It is very helpful.
http://cdn4.libsyn.com/cspodcast/podcast-DW-pssmartobjects.mp4?nvb=20090301022753&nva=20090302023753&t=05538c84fb43bf663369a
The third podcast I chose is from the PhotoshopUser TV series Episode 174. It was one of the top results in all my podcast searches, so I decided it must be worth checking out. Plus, it has instructional podcasts, which is what I am most interested in since my podcast is going to be instructional. I really like this podcast. It is very sharp. There are opening credits with an announcer who introduces the 3 speakers. It then opens with the speakers sitting in at a desk and talking to the camera. It reminds me of ESPN SportCenter or something like that. I really like the presentation. It is original and engaging. This podcast is long – 30 minutes, but I think the TV show format of the podcast makes this length doable for a viewer. The podcast toggles between the speakers and then their computer screens. They do an excellent job of switching between the two views. It is really neat how they are able to demonstrate how to perform an action in Photoshop, while still keep it light and fun with banter and interaction between themselves and with the audience. I think it is very well done.
http://www.photoshopusertv.com/
My Podcast
My Podcast is going to be a video version of a portion of a Business Communication course I gave at my job. I am choosing a small part of the course about giving effective presentations. That was a lengthy session, so I am breaking down to cover creating effective presentation visuals. I could foresee creating an entire podcast series of my entire course. It is valuable information, and I love podcasts because they are so easy to distribute and access.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ashely,
ReplyDeleteI had a great time visiting the podcast and reading your comments on them. I particularly agree with your comments on the Adobe Creative Suite podcast. I didn’t like looking at the “talking head” of the instructor. It was kind of distracting when I was trying to concentrate on the tutorial. I would have preferred being guided by a “disembodied voice.” Also, there is nothing more frustrating than an improperly synchronized audio and video. It just makes the viewing experience so chaotic. However, I couldn’t access the first podcast. Every time I clicked the link, the file downloaded as a PowerPoint presentation instead of a podcast. It would be great if you could fix that link since I am planning to do something similar for my own project.
All the best with your podcast! It sounds really interesting!
Thanks for pointing me to the Adobe podcast - I didn't know they did those either, but I'm sure I can use all of them since I use so many of their products! The Adobe podcasts are a great technical writing resource, maybe you should like it from your page somewhere.
ReplyDelete